“Gift giving” – always easier said than done… As many can relate, purchasing a thoughtful, unique and meaningful gift for the newlyweds can be a daunting task. Even with the wonderful world of “gift registries” – finding that perfect gift can prove to be a challenging process.
With wedding season in full swing, below is a list of the top 10 wedding gift ideas that we feel are fun, unique and personal. As convenient as cash, a package of bed linens or set of cooking pots are, we hope these ideas inspire you to get creative with your next wedding gift!
- Stock the Liquor Cabinet: Pull in a group of friends and pool your cash to buy the new couple the base ingredients for a “well stocked” liquor cabinet. Head to Home Sense to purchase a nice basket to place all the liquor bottles in, stock up on the couples’ favs at your local liquor store and then wrap it all up with some clear plastic wrap & ribbon – and viola! You have a gift that will surely be appreciated by the new couple, and will hopefully be a “gift” to yourself down the road too!
- Dinners on Us: Snag a few gift cards from local restaurant spots that the couple frequently dines. Post wedding bank account balances for newlyweds tend to not be the healthiest… So a few dinners pre-paid for will be welcomed with open arms.
- Personalized Chopstick Set: Who doesn’t love sushi?! A personalized chopstick and sushi set reminding the couple of their “big day” just makes date night take-out sushi that much more delicious!
- Frame It: Aiming for a gift idea that won’t break the bank? Frame the couple’s wedding invitation or a really fabulous photo of the couple. Given the lovely world of Facebook, snagging a great photo of the couple to print and frame shouldn’t be too hard of a task.
- Bubbly: Typically saved for celebrating life’s sweetest moments, a good bottle of champagne is always appropriate.
- Brain Food: A gift that keeps giving – think a year-long subscription to the couples favourite magazine (i.e. National Geographic, Men’s & Women’s Health, Canadian Living) to keep their brains busy to avoid the post-wedding excitement blues.
- Engraved Champagne Flutes: Always a classy gift that the new couple will keep for years. Personalizing or engraving the flutes is definitely the way to go to make this gift a homerun!
- The Digital Age of the iBook: If the soon-to-be-couple are close friends or family members, and you share years of memories and photos, the brilliant Apple machine has made creating a photo iBook as easy as 1-2-3.
- Giving Back to the Community: If the couple has a shared passion for volunteering or supporting a charitable cause, like your local animal shelter, breast cancer research or your local children’s hospital, making a donation on behalf of the couple could be received as a very thoughtful gesture.
- Life as a Married Couple: A unique gift that is gaining popularity for all the right reasons are “newlywed couple experiences”. Surf lessons in Tofino, a winery tour in Niagara, kayaking lessons in Vancouver, a Columbia ice field tour in Jasper, or wall climbing in Edmonton – the options are endless! Majority of these companies that host these types of tours and events have gift card/gift certificate options. How fun would it be to bungee jump to celebrate your new life together as a married couple?! The newlyweds will be sure to remember this gift for many years to come!
Any other creative wedding gift ideas that you would like to share?